Monday, October 7, 2013

Say What!?

The last week or two have been a whirlwind of development for Little Lamb.
He started running!
I never thought I'd see the day when I'd have to say to him
"Don't run with that your going to get hurt!"
but sure enough 3 nights ago I did.
He has also been talking up a storm!
Saying things that cause us to turn our heads in shock and say
"Say what?!?!"
He loves to say the word broken.
He tells us EVERYTHING is broken,
including himself.
He pulls at his tubie and says
"broken"
I told him
"your not broken baby your perfect"
He smiles and hugs me.
Tonight he pointed at the ceiling and said
"floor"
I explained that it wasn't the floor.
"No baby thats the ceiling"
Liam responded "ceil".
"Yea baby ceiling".
He pointed again and said
"ceiling"!!!
I am so proud of him.
As of yesterday he says
"Nascar"
He has a long list of words now:
Fiss (fish)
Cuddles
"ook ook ook theres donald duck"
ball
bubbles
Walmart
Run
"Go go go run"
"go go go rae" (race)
Haro (our dog)
Cat
Jack (our cat)
Daddy
Mum
car
eat
wey wey (water or wet)
pay (play)
red
geen (green)
boo (blue)
Boo (as in peak a boo)
puple (purple)
cow
moo
duck
quack quack
woof woof
diaboo (diaper)
bye bye
hey

He adds words to his vocab daily.
They said he would catch up quickly,
I just didn't realize it would be this quickly.
He having growth spurts.
Acting like a healthy 2 year old.

He did have that seizure while sleeping a week ago last saturday.
Pedi isn't worried about that one.
He is worried about the ones he's having during the day.
I had been having such a hard time getting anyone to believe me about these episodes or to show interest.
I don't know why but Pedi believed me.
He knows me well enough now that Im not going to overreact so when I bring something to his attention he needs to listen to the whole story and then come to a conclusion.
Like Ive said a million  times before,
We have the best pedi.
Liams body will tense up and his extremities will shake and his eyes go blank.
An MRI has been ordered to check Liams brain.
Hopefully we wont find it worse off.
The last scan was when we left NICU and there was a bright spot on the cognitive thinking and fine motor skills area of the brain.
We are also waiting for Pulmonology to submit their paperwork as to why Liam needs synages this year.
As of right now he doesn't meet their requirements but we all know Liam needs them.
Its up to pulmonology to say
"this kid frequently requires oxygen and has chronic lung disease".
Praying they do this because we DONT need Liam getting RSV.
We need to keep him out and away from the hospital as much as possible.
More big news.
I am going back to work.
For the first time since April 2011
I will be working.
For the first time since Liam was born July 2011,
I will leave him to go to work.
It's so hard to believe that he's well enough to go back to work.
He's come to far!!
I forgot to mention that he is also eating ALOT by mouth!!
This kid eats almost as much by mouth as a kids his age is supposed to eat!
Amazing! 
2 months ago things didn't look like he'd be doing this great,
but here we are.
And I thank God for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment