Friday, October 18, 2013

Just that time of year

You know when fall hits and you say,
"What happened to summer?"
Yea that's where I'm at.
We didn't get in near as much as I wanted to this last summer.
Since June Liam has had
Pneumonia,
Infection of his G-tube site 3 times,
and 2 colds/virus's.
All of this and:
1. It wasn't even the scary cold/flu/RSV season (aka quarantine season)
2. And only resulted in one hospital admittance!
The fact that he was sick that many times and was only in the hospital once
is absolutely AMAZING!
The fact that he was sick that many times
and it wasn't even quarantine season is scary.
To think that just a few months ago
an infection of his G-tube site would land him in the hospital,
a year ago a cold would land him in the hospital,
and now he's at home fighting all this on his own.
There is reason to have faith in the future
that things will continue to improve,
that one year soon,
Liam just might not have to be quantantined all winter long.
But sadly he does,
and the season is upon us.
The paperwork for synagis,
to help fight RSV,
was submitted a month ago.
Two weeks ago they were informed that pediatrician referral wasn't enough,
that insurance required the pulmonologist to make a referral on Liam's behalf.
Technically he fits the criteria.
Has chronic lung disease,
asthma,
and frequently requires oxygen.
BUT now the ball is in pulms court
to be bounced back to insurance.
That was two weeks ago.
It's going to be a scary year if they  don't approve them.
Liam just "got over" an infection of his G-tube site.
We just stopped the antibiotics on that this last Tuesday.
His stoma looks great now,
but he's still not tolerating all his feeds.
He's doing great with his day time bolus's
but not so good with his continuous night feed.
Not sure if he caught a virus or not.
He still seems to be gaining weight
and growing taller.

But now here we are,
at the time of year we start quarantine.
Liam has a therapy "field trip" coming up with Bright Start.
It will be our last fun outing for awhile.
And with it goes all my hopes I had had for summer.
We didn't get a chance to go to church like we wanted.
That was a huge one for me.
The hope that we'd get to go regularly when Summer hit,
got me through winter.
Yes I watch the surmons online when my internet is working properly,
but its not the same.
I still feel blessed that he escaped summer,
with so few hospital stays,
and we got to make a little vacation
and take Liam to the beach for the first time.
I know I need to get those pictures posted.
And Liam is doing so much better than he was this time last year
so I have faith that next year we will have open doors
to do things differently.
I would love my kids to be able to go to
Church for the Christmas surmons for once.
And for Lanie to go to Sunday school every week.
I know a real Christmas tree is out of the question right now,
but maybe we can get a real pine wreath to hang,
or atleast show Liam a live tree.
His asthma and allergies just aren't up to a real tree yet.
But I'm getting ahead of myself here.

Lanie is doing great in school.
She loves it.
She was sad when she didn't have homework
the first month.
And now she finishes her homework
AND ASKS FOR MORE!!
I love that she loves school.
She does very well listening in class,
and concentrating.
She even has learned to read some.
Its so amazing.
She says she has lots of friends.
I've watched her play before school,
and she does have lots of friends lol.
I was quiet and shy when I was her age,
but not Lanie.
She's outgoing.
My little social butterfly.
She's very picky on her clothes
and always wants to look nice.
There are some outfits she picks out that I'm not sure I like
but since they aren't inappropriate for school
I let her explore her own fashion sense.
She should be allowed to be creative,
and develop her own personality.
I think soon I will take her shopping,
give her a budget,
and let her choose the clothes she likes.
(as long as they are appropriate for age and school)

I started working.
Its been officially a week now.
Last Friday I had orientation.
I'm doing good at work,
and having alot of fun.
It feels like a mini vacation away from home.
Since working,
I've been happier.
More energetic.
Justin has been able to be home with the kids
while i've been working.
Liam's doing great with it.
He still wants his cuddles and loves from me,
but he isn't as clingy.
Doesn't follow me from room to room.
He still throws a fit sometimes when I leave,
but not every time like he was doing.
When I get my first paycheck next week,
I think Ill surprise both kids with something.
I think new shoes and outfit for Liam
and Ill take Lanie on a girls day to pick out her own.
Then I'm going to use the rest of it to get started on Christmas.

So all in all life is pretty great.
God is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment