Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Search Is On

Yesterday I decided to take a HUGE step. I decided to go back to work *GASP*. I know what your thinking:
Why?
What about Liam?

No worries. With daddy being out of work, he will be watching Liam.
Why? Because I need a break.
Sound weird right?
Working being a break.
Yes a break.
I've missed working.
I LOVE working.
I want to go back to work.
I NEED to go back to work.
Daddy will be put to the test taking care of Liam.
I will be put to the test being away from Liam.
I believe that it will be good for all of us.
It'll make for a happier mommy.
And a happy mommy is a happy family.

So since yesterday I applied for 20-30 jobs.
I'm on a roll and very proud of myself for being so pro-active.
Now all I can do is continue to submit applications
and pray to God that I get a job somewhere.

I think my resume is pretty decent too.

Experienced in Customer Service, Returns, Cashier, and Merchandising.


Work Experience:
1) Jackson Hewitt Tax Service (Visalia, Porterville and Tulare locations)
Job Title:Tax Professional
Job Description: prepare taxes, answer tax questions, provide friendly customer service, issue checks, set up appointments, open and close the office, and general office duties.
Employed from December 2010 to April 2011
Reason for leaving: I didn't return for the following tax season due to my son being born with a birth defect leaving him in the hospital.

2) Toys R Us (Visalia)
Job Title: Customer Service Associate
Job Description: provide friendly customer service, returns, cashier, answer phones, signage, merchandising, inventory, sales, count down registers and count safe money on hand.
Employed from August 2001-June 2003, November 2004-April 2008
Reason for leaving: First time I left for a job offering more money. Second time I left so spend time with my newborn daughter.

3) Home Depot (Visalia)
Job Title: Kitchen Designer
Job Description: design kitchen's and baths, cabinet sales, appliance sales, merchandising, signage, and customer service.
Employed from June 2003-November 2004
Reason for leaving: I wasn't getting enough hours. The time I was there, managers pulled me from designing kitchens to other departments then would reprimand me for not meeting design and sales quotas

I'm bound to get a job!!
Hopefully.
Prayfully.
UGH I'm so nervous lol

No comments:

Post a Comment