Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Birthday Jealousy Extinguished

With Liam's impending birthday Lanie's been a bit jealous. She's tried to pick out gifts for him that weren't really appropriate for him but great for her. While shopping yesterday I saw they had the school supplies out for cheap so I picked some up since she's starting kindergarten. Whatever I grabbed wasn't enough for her. She wanted more. We shopped through the clothes and she was upset that I could only get I pair of playground shorts for under short shorts or dresses, 1 pair of jean shorts and 1 shirt. She wanted more. I understand though. Brothers birthday means he gets presents. When we picked out a present for brother she wanted one too and was upset when I said no. Then all day yesterday she kept saying how today was her LaLaLoopsie Mermaid 's birthday. She planned out Mulala's birthday. Colored her pretty pictures for her birthday present and everything. She kept telling me today "mom Mulala's birthday party is starting come on" but I didn't have time to play. When Liam went down for a nap I decided it was time to do something for her to help with her birthday jealousy. I made Mulala a beautiful beaded necklace and of course I made one for Lanie too. Then I wrapped it. I took a York peppermint patty, stuck a candle in it and light it. When I called Lanie and Mulala to te counter, Lanies eyes light up like fireworks. She sank Mulala a special birthday song and blew out the candle. After eating the "cake" I sat them on the couch for presents. Lanie an Mulala love their presents. Now I have a happy girl and doll on my hands lol 










No comments:

Post a Comment