Friday, October 3, 2014

Be thankful for that which you hate.



2 years later and there are still days that just absolutely plain and simple suck. Days I want to throw the feeding pump out the window. Days I want to say no more tube. That's just part of the journey and the process. We may never get rid of his feeding tube, that's just a fact we have to live with. And even though it's hard we have to remember to be thankful for that tube that we hate most of the time because that tube has saved Liam's life. It's the reason he's getting enough calories to breathe and grow and survive because alone he cannot eat enough to do so. 


We must learn in this journey to be thankful of that which we hate. 


We hate so many things in this journey that we forget the very things we hate are beneficial to our children. I hate his feeding tube but I am also thankful for it. 


I hate the nebulizer and treatments but am thankful for them because without them my son couldn't breathe. 


We tend to focus on so much that we hate, that we forget those very things are the reason we have our children here with is today. I'll take my baby, machines and all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment