Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Taking Time

After finding out this morninhs news that not only was Liam not up to their calorie goal, but not even on a JR formula and would not be going home for several days, I had to face my anxiety, anger and pain. I took a few breaths and realized I wasn't being rational. After reacessing the situation I came to the conclusion that I needed clean clothes and a break from the hospital. I have been giving advice to other families that theh need to take time for themselves but I couldn't ever bring myself to do it. Be proud of me because it was hard on me. I took the 45 min drive home, thankfully I still had my MIL's car, and I did laundry, gathered more food and a blanket. I spent time with my daughter and husband, then they drove me back to drop me off. I stole a million hugs from lanie and told her a trillion times how much I loved her. Got to hold my cat and feel him purr. He sat in the window with a sad face as we backed out of tge drive. We even spent 2 hours at the hospital as a family just laughing and playing. Liam had really missed his daddy and sister. I was gone a total of 5 1/2 hours. I fought the urge to call and check in every 5 min. I knew theyd tell me he was fine even if he was upset anyway. It was a much needed break and I brought a blanket because if i have to sleep on a hard as rock 1ft wide couch pull out, atleast id have comforts of home with my own blanket. My spirits have been lifted. This morning my status said that today was a good day and I made it a good day <3

No comments:

Post a Comment