Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pergatory

Id like to say things are going great but the truth is they aren't, that we really have no idea whats going on. We're still waiting for the blood cultures and viral panel. Yesterday we lost Liams IV. The doctor decided to start him on pedialyte instead of searching for another IV. She knows how hard a poke Liam is. Since starting the pedialyte Liam has retched a handfull of times. This morning he was acting like his stomach was hurting. His tube site has been bleeding from new granulation tussue. Yesterday Liams chunky leg got stuck in the crib railing. He was trying yo play with the IV pole and stuck his leg out past him knee and got stuck. Props to him for not crying or freaking out. When I couldnt get it out I got the nurse. When she couldnt get it out she ran out for help, asking for lotion. 10 people came running into the room. 8 of them doctors. With the aide of barrier cream we got Liams let unstuck. I didnt freak out because Liam gets stuck in the crib at home all the time. All we have to do is pry the bars just alittle and it comes right out. His crib at home is wood though and the one here is metal. I was starting to think theyd have to call the fire department to cut him out. An hour later after we cuddled and played, I returned him to his crib for him to try it two more times. After that the nurse tracked down a exersaucer for him. Per doctor orders he also went around butt naked for an hour and a half. He had a diaper rash and felt it needed to be aired out before we used anything. Ofcourse Liam was tired and I had to rock him to sleep, butt naked, praying he wouldn't pee or poop on me. It was trouble brewing Im telling you. After he fell asleep I put him in his crib, no diaper, and covered his tooshie with a blanket. I dont know about you, but in this day and age I feel awkward letting my son go around where everyone can see everything. I guess you can call me super catious. I want to keep my kids protected. When the doctor came in yesterday, she started worrying about me. Said I looked even more tired than I need when we were here last week. She asked if I was getting enough sleep, 8-12 hours she asked and atleast 4 hours straight. She didnt like hearing that Im lucky to get 4-6 hours a night with 2 hours straight max. She actually thought I was a single parent. I said I wasnt but I am the only one who takes care of his needs. So I guess when I get home I will have to enlist help, atleast until ai catch up on sleep or maybe just a few times a week. Im going to have to write a manual on how to take care of Liam. I have to laugh. Kids dont come with manuals. I guess Liam is going to be the first. Im praying that today his blood cultures and viral panel will be back. Its been hard this past 14 months. Ive watched Liam grow up in a hospital and have missed out on my daughter growing up. We are trying to raise money to buy 2 small notebook computers with webcams so that we can skype as a family. Liam needs his daddy and sister. I need to see my daughter. They need to be able to see us. Same with the rest of the family. My neice set up a fundraiser for us so hopefully one day we can make that happen.

http://www.gofundme.com/17hb54

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

No comments:

Post a Comment