Thursday, September 20, 2018

Halloween Crystal Ball DIY

It's that time of year again!! Halloween is so close and I have a lot to do to prepare for our annual Halloween party. Truth be told I started decorating about a month ago. I go all out for Halloween so it takes me a long time to decorate.

This year is going to be even better. With the new house I have more space to decorate and a better backyard so I'm having to add new elements. I thought it would be fun to have a fortune teller display. I wasn't wanting to spend a ton of money on store bought decoration since I'm going to need a lot more.

Thought I'd share my DIY in case you wanted to try it for yourself...


(The tarot cards were purchased at Michael's and I used painters tape to tape them up along the walls)



For this craft you will need the following:

-A glass bowl in any size. I used a medium sized one I found at Michaels. It was $7.99 and I used a coupon to get it even cheaper.

-String lights. Also from Michael's. They were only $5.

-Iridescent basket filler also purchased at Michaels for $3.99. I wanted a roll of it to crumble up but all I could find anywhere was this stuff.

-Batteries for your lights. I used cheap dollar store ones since this was basically only going to be on the night of the party.

-cardboard 

-scissors

-marker

-hot glue gun and glue stick.

Once I had everything it was pretty simple and quick to put together. 

1. Turn the bowl upside down on the cardboard and trace where the glass touches.


2. Cut out the circle then cut a little nitch out for the string lights to pop out.


3. Fill the bowl with the iridescent material.


4. Next take your string lights and put them in your bowl mixed through-out the material.

5. Glue around the edge of your cardboard circle. Avoid gluing on the nitch you cut out. After turn upside down (or right side up)


6. Your ready to go! 

When Halloween is over you cant easily pop off the cardboard circle and remove everything and reuse your glass bowl for another holiday.





No comments:

Post a Comment