Thursday, July 24, 2014

1 day post op: medi port removal

To catch up: yesterday Liam had his mediport taken out!! He did amazing and the surgery went beautifully. No complications what so ever. He came out of anesthesia a acting normal. The nurses commented on how he behaved like he never had surgery and that it was amazing as well as a breath of fresh air for then to witness. My son is a fighter and a miracle and he always amazes me as well.  The best surprise of all was that they did NOT have to use a breathing tube for him while under!!! That's a first ever for our miracle!! 



Today:

Liam had a great night last night. Slept all night long and slept in until 9am. That's unusually for him but he needed the sleep. He's playing and laughing and acting normal this morning. Again as if he never had surgery. I admire his resilience and his strength tremendously. I am basking in my sons laughter and happiness today knowing that this is what I waited so long to hear after he was born, knowing that this is how it's supposed to be. To the eye he is just a normal little boy who loves to play and laugh and have fun. His Gtube and scars are the only reminders he isn't a normal boy. But who needs normal and what is normal anyway? Normal is just over-rated. Why be like everyone else when you can be you? I love the little boy he's turned out to be. I live that I can breathe easier knowing they mediport is gone and that I no longer and to retrain him, pole a needle into him and flush it every month. I love that a fever is just a fever now. That his ailments are just simple ailments. So what if he has some GI and lung issues. He's overcoming them everyday. So what if he's small. He will get there when he's ready. That's the one thing about Liam, he does things on his own timeline. So to my little boy, you've grown, you've overcame. Don't ever be afraid to be who you are. Don't ever feel embarrassed or ashamed of your scars for they tell a story of your strength and your will to fight and survive. Your earned this life so make the best of it and enjoy every minute!! 


Pics from yesterday:

Liam's monkey toes picking up my necklace yesterday before surgery just laughing away. 

Seriously my favorite pre-op pic!! He's just simply sitting there, happily playing a Thomas the train learning game on his Mickey Mouse innotab. 

Another lovely pre-op pic. Liam decided he wanted to walk into OR and he would do so holding the hands of not one but two beautiful nurses and flirt with everyone he saw along the way. These two nurses where amazed and flattered. Aparently they don't see too many willing and happily walking themselves to the OR. Everyone stopped to get a look and commented on how adorable and sweet he is. Yes ladies I know you love him but he's my baby forever and always. I know he was in great hands. 

Post OP cuddles. Liam tried to hide his beautiful smile from the camera. He was still tired here as this was very soon after waking up. 

At home just 2 hours later he's munching on French fries and playing a game. Liam was extremely active yesterday and wanted to eat the whole house up. He was treated with French fries because well because because. He simply just had to ask and I would jump yesterday. No naps for this little guy at all yesterday. He powered through it and enjoyed the day for everything it offered. 

He did however go to bed at 8pm, fell asleep around 9pm and slept until 9am this morning. And again he's having a great day acting as if yesterday never happened. 



No comments:

Post a Comment