Wednesday, November 21, 2012

WONDERFUL NEWS

I have wonderful news on the eating front with Liam.
 
Last night I wasnt able to get online to post the details, but Yes Liam ate part of a Reeses peanut butter cup!!!! He saw Daddy with the bag and walked across the room in his walker licking his lips. I told Daddy to give him one. We did and next thing we know the outter edge and part of the inside was eaten. I even smelled his breath to make sure. And sure enough our little Lamb had peanut butter chocolate breath!!! I was so thrilled I believe I over reacted a bit in my joy and happiness. We all did. Please say a prayer that this is the start of Liam eating by mouth and that we continue having sucsess.
 
This is a very very big step toward where he needs to be.
We've been doing what we can to get him to eat by mouth while waiting for feeding therapy, which the request was submitted 5 months ago via our Ped.
As you know, now we can touch his mouth without him retching and vommiting on us. He entertains licking suckers and tries to put puffs in his mouth without throwing up.
Then suddenly last night with the Reeses peanut butter cup. Thats the most he's eaten in almost a year.
Today I am Thankful that my son is trying to eat by mouth.
 
 
And we hope that up all have a Great Thanksgiving  tomarrow
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment