Thursday, November 27, 2014

Perfectly Imperfect Thanksgiving

I've learnt through-out my life that nothing is what it seems to be.
That perfect isn't always perfect.
Today we had a perfectly imperfect Thanksgiving.
And I'm thankful for that.
The turkey was perfectly cooked.
The ham was amazing.
All the food was great.
I was exhausted and kept forgetting what I was going.
I never changed out of my PJ's.
I never did my hair.
I forgot to take pictures.
Liam was scared of the Thanksgiving parade on TV.
He refused to eat anything today.
He fell asleep on me so Liam and I were left at home.
Then he kept waking up with night terrors.
I had a down and out moment.
Thought there wasn't much difference between the two of us being home alone,
and being at the hospital alone.
I got frustrated that Liam refused to eat at all.
That even though we were home,
we were still alone.
And then the moment was gone.
I am thankful we had a great Thanksgiving dinner together.
That we are all together at home.
Both kids seemingly healthy.
We are alive.
I am also thankful that my pain isn't worse than it is.
Instead of being upset that I missed out on a larger family gathering,
I am going to be thankful for this quiet time.
Time I was able to talk to my brother on the phone.
Time I can watch Christmas movies on Hallmark.
Time to wrap some of those Christmas gifts.
I thank God for today.
For every day,
and for our perfectly imperfect holiday.


No comments:

Post a Comment