Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Potty Training Day 1

Well I finally broke down and started potty training little lamb. I honestly didn't feel he was ready but he's proving me wrong. He's sat on the potty 4 times today. The first time nothing but he really tried. The second time he tried hard again, really concentrating and he went # 1. The third time around he went #1 and #2!! I was amazed and very proud. And the fourth...nada. It hasn't been perfect. He's gone in his diaper many times today but I'm still proud he's trying. He knows exactly what the potty is for and he wants to use it. The knowledge and the drive is there but we will see how well each day goes. Justin thinks he will be potty trained by the end of the week. I laughed at him because its an unrealistic expectation.  Yes Lanie potty trained fast but every kid is different and Liam's been through a lot. I give him a month and he will he using the potty more than a diaper during the day. I don't expect him to be perfect. I expect accidents, maybe a few melt downs over said accidents. He's a smart boy so he will figure it out in his own time. 

To help Liam stay on the potty longer without getting bored and wanting off Justin suggested giving him a magazine. Normally I'd give him a book because that's why worked with Lanie. Only Liam's attention span is shorter so he uses his kindle to do puzzles during potty time. Hey it works!


No comments:

Post a Comment