Monday, January 6, 2014

Liam's Sick Again


Liam has been sick since mid-December. His pedi diagnosed him with a sinus infection on Jan 2nd and he has been on antibiotics since. He hasn't been tollerating night feed even at 35 mls per hour. I had stated doing boluses of blended diet through the night just to give him more cals since blended diet was all he's been tollerating. It's been rough on our little guy. 

Liam had another cranky day today. That's two days in a row now that he's seemed miserable. Lots of whining and lot of cuddles. Even from daddy who says Liam's just being a whiner and we need to my baby him. Hahaha funny daddy! I caught him in the act of coddling our little one.  You've seen his face! It's impossible not too. I felt like I had a tail today because he would follow me from room to room and just watch me and randomly grab my leg and hug tight and say "moooommmieee" I pat his back and say "Hi baby" or "yes Liam" or "love you too buddy" and he'd let go and continue to follow. It was really sweet. One he asked "moooommmieee up" so I picked him up and carried him into the living room where we sat on the couch and cuddled. After maybe 5 min he was ready to walk away from me for about 5 min the. He became my tail again. He melts my heart. This continued until about 6:30pm when he lost the battle and fell asleep on the floor with my fuzzy pj pants that he decided to carry around all day today. I laughed when he walked out of the bedroom with then held tight in his little arms. He looked up at me smiled and had laid his head down on them and said "aahhh". He has this new thing he does when he's hungry. He grabs his tube and says "eat". When I was preparing the syringe of food I let him stand on the step stool in front of me because he likes to watch now (also a new thing) and today I opened the container of blended diet and he immediately grab the syringe and sticks it in the container. Daddy was shocked and I just laughed. Liam already understands that the tube goes Ito his belly port and that the syringe goes into that port so why wouldn't he pick up that tr syringe has to go into the food first. Silly boy wants to do it all himself now. I applaud his smartness. It really shows that he understands how things work. Another he now likes to do is hold your hand while you walk. Even though we're just going to go grab a diaper and change him or go sit to do a feed, if its something for him where he knows he has to go he wants to hold your hand. I love it. Unfortunately the diaper rash from the antibiotics got bad and I did everything I had on hand including nystatin from his last rash. It didn't help. I went to the store today and got A&D ointment and after one use it looked 100x better! No bumps, not as red or as large. So happy I decided to try it. Liam hasn't been coughing anymore than he normally would. That icky cough is gone for about 2 days. No running nose either. I have him on the feeding pump right now at a reduced rate of 55mls per hr. praying he tolerates it because he gets more cals in the long run at night this way. If he tolerates tonight ill increase it tomarrow night. We also haven't been letting Liam outside the past few days because of the air quality. I've gone out to the store a few times this last week and I'm so stuffed up from it. Liam does NOT need to be out there. Also more good news no extra breathing treatments have been needed over the weekend! So happy little lamb is feeling better. 

Liam coloring:



No comments:

Post a Comment