Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Be Happy

Do you remember when you were youger? Before marriage, kids, girls scouts and PTA? Do you remember what you wanted in life back then? What were your aspirations? What were your dreams?

Now after years of diaper changes, fevers, teething, colic, being covered in just about everything that you put in or comes out of your child, car pools, meetings, organized events and so on, do you feel you reached those aspirations and dreams? Or have your life goals changed?

Are you where you thought you'd be 10 years later?

I thought by now I'd have a really good job and would be successful at that. I thought I'd be married and have 2 healthy kids and own a house. 

Sure I've had several really good jobs (kitchen designer, tax professional) but for some reason or another that chapter in my life closed. One because I was young and didn't have the back bone to fight for my dream job. The other because my son was born with CDH and he needed me. 

I'm married and I have my 2 kids. One isn't the ideal healthy but much healthier none the less. And I don't own a house. 

Some might look at my life and call it a failure. Would you call your life a failure? If you would, I'd like you to take another look and rethink that. 

You may not have the job you always wanted. Your life may not have went the way you dreamt. But it's not because your failed. You can't fail life as long as your living it. 

I like to think of our lives as chapters in a book. Every chapter must end before another can end. 

Are you happy? Do you have something to smile about? A friend to lean on? If not, then do something about it. 

I want you to ask yourself, what makes you happy? Sometimes the little things make the difference. Does a nice cup of coffee set your day on the right path? Does getting a new book put a smile on your face? What about that selfie you just took and posted on Instagram? 

Find something that makes you feel happy. Surround yourself with happiness. Even something simple. 

You have a bracelet that makes your grin every time you see it? Wear it! 

Is there a song that just makes you want to sing along and dance every time you hear it? Make it your ringtone. 

Inspiration for happiness can be found anywhere and everywhere. Just open your eyes and latch onto something. Because what's the point of life if your not happy living it? So BE HAPPY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment