Thursday, June 12, 2014

My Health Update



I haven't blogged much about what's been going on with me, my health. 
For some reason it's easier for me to give short updates on facebook versus blogging.
Why?
Because when I sit down to write a blog post I let it all out.
I hold nothing back.
I haven't wanted to go into detail about my pain because I didn't want it to see as if I was complaining.
It is what is it.
So here goes...

For the last few months my body has been riddled with pain.
It started with my back,
My doctor,
who is absolutely amazing BTW,
has been doing is absolute best to fix me.
He ordered an Xray.
Xray shows the early stages of digenerate disk disease.
Seriously no big deal because everyone gets it as they age.
Other than that the Xray had nothing to say.
Because I've been in pain since 2008 its considered chronic.
My doctor referred me to Physical therapy.
I've been going for like a month now.
They felt that if I strengthened my core that it was help my back pain.
The reason is because my core is so weal that my back is having to work harder to make up for that.
My core is getting alot stronger.
I can feel it.
Back pain isn't getting better.
As of two weeks ago things got worse.
Out of nowhere my left leg from hip down got that tingly numb pain feeling like when you foot falls asleep.
It has only gotten worse from there.
My physical therapist thinks I have permanent nerve damage from when I had aspertame poisoning back in December.
I went to the doctor as soon as this happened and he added Gabbapenton to my meds.
He felt this would make my nerves talk to my brain and help the pain go away.
We had also started Naproxin.
As of yesterday the "sleepy foot" feeling has affected my whole body.
I saw my doctor today.
I had too.
Ive been in so much pain.
I almost went to ER last night because I hurt so back.
The pain was so intense I vomited.
Today I went to talk to him.
I told him everything.
He switched my pain med to tramadol.
A pretty heavy dose too.
He also maxed out my Gabbapenton.
He said that if this doesn't help to come back immediately.
I have to go back next week to follow up.
After I left he went and reviewed my medical file all the way back to December.
He called me and asked why it wasn't in my file that I had aspertame poisoning.
I told him I wasn't sure but the doctor that treated me for it didn't seem to helpful.
He asked how I was diagnosed.
I explained how I read an article about aspertame poisoning and it had sounded exactly like what I was going through so I stopped all diet sodas and artificial sweeteners immediately.
Within a few days I felt amazing.
Pain was almost gone.
I explained how when I went to that doctor I told him everything and he agreed that I had aspertame poisoning.
I also told my now doctor that the old doctor had said to just stay away from all artificial sugars to let my body detox it out and if I didn't feel better in a month to go back and get detox meds.
My now doctor said that he felt the aspertame poisoning never cleared up and that he felt its been reaking havok this entire time.
He said that I needed to go back next week to follow up and that he was refering me to nurology because I obviously had some damage that needed to be treated.
We've been waiting 3 weeks for insurance to approve an MRI and I finnaly got the call and will be having it done on the 25th.

I feel scared.
I don't want to go through this again yet here I am.
There are days I can barely walk.
But I now I can do this.
Im strong and Ive survived this bout of pain once already.
Im trying to stay positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment