Friday, November 25, 2011

First Thanksgiving Over

Liam's first Thanksgiving was successful. We were very pleased and so very thankful to have him with us at home. He slept most of the day away but it didn't matter to us. His presence was enough to over joy us. Today wasn't much different. Liam has been retching incresingly more everyday for a week and a half now. This morning at 6am I was up with him in the living room administering all 3 meds he has to help that and still they didn't work. He retched for a halfhour to an hour straight before it calmed down and he was able to fall back asleep. We cuddled on the couch together and slept until Justin and Lanie woke up. Then we retreated for some more snoozing. He retched through-out the day as well but theres only so much meds you can give. I have talked to another mom of a CDH baby who also had a fundoplication and her baby did the same thing after. Knowing that Liam isn't the only one out there with these problems helps my anxiety. When Liam isn't retching he's a happy little guy. He smiles alot and give you the shy looks. He also spends alot of time on the floor trying to roll around. It's so cute to watch. He looks like he's doing crunches. I am suprised about how active he is as far as trying to roll over and his stomach crunching because of him having a g-tube. It's really nice to see him so active. It's funny how I catch myself letting him cry for a few moments just so I can hear him. Or how I get him talking and just sit there for hours listening to him. I spend alot of time just watching him. Its so awesome the things he can do and what he has over come. I know it something I say alot but until or unless you have a child with an medical problem you just won't know how it feels to watch them overcome so much. God is always there watching over Liam and I know he has a few guardian angels helping him. Life will hopefully mellow out into something closer to "normalcy" for Liam and us around 1 year old. A few our of goals that we want to reach before or right at Liam's 1 year birthday are that we want him eating completly on his own, gaining weight and the g-tube gone. I know it's alot to accomplish but if we all work hard it could happen. It all depends on Liam though. Whats going to be a problem is his slow bowel motility. I fear it'll be a problem when he starts eating solids because if he's having trouble with liquid how is he going to handle something heavy and harder to digest. I know that on my blog I jump from one subject to another frequently and it can be hard to follow. Please understand that I am going through alot and that my brain has to work overtime to do everything that needs to be done for Liam and I cant just switch that off while I blog. As I blog I just type whatever is popping into my head without a thought. So bear with me as I try to work it all out. Thank you all for following Liam's updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment