Tuesday, November 8, 2011

11/08/2011

We’ve officially been home 4 days from the hospital. Liam has been doing great. He sleeps all night long, doesn’t even wake up for diaper changes. He sleeps so hard he doesn’t even wake up when I’m moving him around. He’s an early bird and all smiles when he wakes up. He’s content with lying in his bassinet talking and staring at his toys. I love waking up to his sweet voice and super cute smile. He really lightens up my mornings. It’s hard to be grumpy when you see such a bright smile every morning. Liam hasn’t had any problems with his feeds. In fact when I took him to the doctor’s yesterday he weighed in at 10 lbs 4 oz. We celebrated with a cake. Finally my little man is out of newborn clothes. He is just 1 week shy of being 4 months old and finally wearing 0-3’s. It was an exciting day for us. I actually took in all Liam’s newborn clothes to Smarty Pants kids used clothing in Visalia and traded them all in for 0-3’s. They had such cute stuff. Even picked up a few things for my daughter. Not only were the things priced very well, but the trade in credit was awesome too. And now with Flu and RSV season upon us, Liam can’t go out into public. DH actually drove me to all the places I had to go today and stayed in the car with the kids. It was very sweet of him. What’s really amazing was the fact that he didn’t complain too much either. I’m loving being home. I love that tomarow I have absolutely no where I have to go and get to stay at home and cuddle with my two kids. I love it. I am struggling with the fact that I am back to being a stay at home mom when I had only gotten back to work last year. I worked really hard to get through tax school and then even harder at work while pregnant. I thought I had it all figured out. I’d give birth to Liam and he would be 3 months old before I had to do a few meetings then 6 months old before I had to go back. Now I don’t even have the opportunity to go back to work. I have no choice but to be a stay at home mom with my kids because of Liam’s condition. I’m not mad about it, just trying to re-adjust my way of thinking again. Besides this is the fun age for me…..as long as we don’t have anymore hospital stays anyway. Thank you all for your prayers and your support. I am continuing to ask that you keep Liam in your prayers. One little cold started our last adventure at the hospital. If he gets RSV with his Chronic Lung Disease it’ll be a very hard haul for him. One his little body isn’t strong enough for yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment