Sunday, September 25, 2011

Colic

We've had one formula change too many. Friday we started the fourth formula within a one month period. As of yesterday Liam has colic. I spent all afternoon yesterday trying to keep him calm. The only time he slept was when he was lying across my lap on his belly or with his stomach pressed against mine. Last night we rotated between the bassinet, bouncer, swing, and my arms. I am a very tired mommy this morning. He's been sp crabby. He doesn't want to eat or suck on his pacifier and is only calm in my arms. Hopefully, with the help of the gasdrops, this stage won't last long. Atleast I know what to expect since I have been down the long dark road of colic before. We're still waiting for the call from UCSF and expect we'll get the call on monday or tuesday. I'm sure that it'll be a last minute thing like telling us we have to be there the next day. Today we printed out business cards and flyers to give out. And we're selling lolipops at a few establishments for Liams Fund and giving out flyers and cards. I don't know how well it'll work to get funds but its worth a try. Jewelry is still for sale at Liams FB page. I thank God everyday for my son and even though were going through what feels like hell because of his condition, I wouldn't trade him for the world. God has a reason for giving me a son with Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia and I won't question it. Everyday is a blessing. I watch my son and realize how much we take for granite. The things that just seem to simple, like breathing. These kids with CDH fight to breathe while we think nothing of it. CDH babies are little miracles and every one of them is making a difference is someones life.

No comments:

Post a Comment