Thursday, March 31, 2016

Change Hurts

(March 31, 2015)
 
The truth is I put on a brave face.
Sometimes I fake a smile.
I fake having all my ducks in a row.
I fake being "ok".
I tell people it's up and down,
and that I'm just trying to figure it out.
 
I fake it pretty good.
I put makeup on my face most days now.
I dress in actual clothes instead of just sweatpants.
Maybe if I look fine on the outside,
I'll eventually feel fine on the inside.
 
Truth is I'm still dyeing inside.
I don't know how to cope with that.
 
Yesterday I was desperate for some kind of change.
Something to make me feel better.
I needed a distraction from the pain.
So I jumped head first into changing around the bedroom.
 
Liam's room has been boxes up for while now.
All that was left was what I wanted to keep,
and train table stuff that's going to a friend.
Since Liam's bedroom was actually just half of our bedroom,
 moved our bed completely over to his portion.
From there everything was moved around.
 
I thought it would make me feel better.
I keep thinking that if I just propel forward that things will eventually be better.
Some tell me I've grieved too long.
Others that I haven't grieved long enough.
What I've learnt is that it's not up to anyone else.
My grief is my grief.
It's mine to live with.
Mine to deal with.
And I don't know how to deal with it.
 
So I propel forward hoping that one day it'll catch up to me.
 
It's just a horrible feeling when nothing has changed,
yet nothing is the same.
At least when it comes to loss.
 
I don't know where to go from here.
I'm holding onto the only things I have left with an iron grasp.
CDH awareness.
Memories.
Pictures and the last of his belongings.
 
My heart hurts so much all the time.
I just can't escape that.
Yesterday was a lot for me.
I didn't know if changing around the bedroom would help or not.
Today I'm trying to keep the breakdowns to a minimum.
Today I've had to take every med in my arsenal to combat the depression.
And the anger.
 
There's just so much anger.
Over everything.
My printer refused to work today.
It kept saying no paper no matter how much I tried.
I trouble shot it for 20 minutes before I lost control.
I no longer have a printer.
I just wanted to print CDH awareness magnets for my car.
The printer is just broken.
I don't know how it got broken,
but I lost it after I discovered it.
I threw it.
Hit it over and over again.
Then sat there and cried and screamed at it.
I wasn't really angry at the printer.
I just needed something to take my frustration out on.
I just miss Liam so much.
And the hurting won't go away.
 
I'm supposed to resign my life to my emotional pain matching my physical pain.
I don't know how to handle that.
 
What I want most in this world,
is no longer in this world.
And nothing can fix that.
 
(2015)

4 comments:

  1. You are correct in your grief! There is no time limit. Grief is a circle, sometimes we move a few steps forward, then even more steps back. Time will not heal the wound of your heart, it only gets a little easier to live without who you've lost. The pain will always be there, you will just be able to contain it more and start to live in the world again. There is no rush, it's at your pace. When I lost my husband four years ago, I never thought I could ever live in the real world again. I still think of him, I still talk to him, I still miss him, I still cry. I've learned to live and survive without his presence but the memories he left with me remain and keep me comforted in knowing I loved someone more than I thought I could ever love someone and he loved me in return, he lived and he lives still in my heart and in my children. You will get through this, you are stronger than you think. Let yourself be angry, let yourself cry, but also let yourself feel even the tiniest moment of joy, talk to him, remember him and let him give you your life in return for the life you gave him. I pray for you all the time. I hope you find comfort. Never ever give up ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm so sorry for your loss as well.

      Delete
  2. You have every right to your anger. You have not grieved long enough. Trust me its very new, very fresh. sadly you have a lot of pain ahead of you. It takes a long time to reach acceptance. I lost my little baby boy Lewis 6 and a bit years ago and I am mostly at acceptance now but I still go in and out of it and this is only very new. So give yourself plenty of time. You cant push grief out of your life. All I did was got busy had more kids was my answer. Every persons way of dealing with it is different. There is no right or wrong way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the person who fixes everything. And I can't fix this. Thank you for your kind words. I'm so lost right now.

      Delete