Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Straw Houses

Today I got a call from Liams preschool that he was acting weird. After requiring oxygen last week, no one wanted to take the chance. I agree. 

They said he suddenly got quiet and became very clingy, just wanting to sit in Mrs B's lap. She said she didn't mind that at all but they wanted to make sure he was ok. 

Turns out Liam was fine. He said he had just missed me and was sad that I hadn't stayed today. 😳. Well who could be mad at that (this time anyway 😂). All joking aside, I get it. He missed me. He's got some anxiety about me not being around and some attachment disorder. It's to be expected after me being around 24-7 for his entire life (minus the 2 days after he was born when our local hospital wouldn't release me to follow him immediately). 

It's ok. We will get through this. So today they sent home the "art" project they were getting ready to do in class. They didn't want him to be behind in making his three little piggies book. Today was the straw house. 

Liam used the scissors all by himself to cut up yellow tissue paper to create the straw. Then he glues it onto the "house" which he cut out that morning with me. It's so awesome how he doesn't even realize how much he's learning while having fun. 

So here's our happy for today. Liam doing things that we weren't sure he's ever be able to do: using scissors, squeezing the glue bottle (with little help) and creating something awesome. When Liam was in NICU and things were grim, I remember thinking how sad id be if he never was able to make me pictures and how empty the feeling was in the bought of not being able to hang up his artwork. But he's surprised and overcome all expectations. You got this Liam! Keep it up buddy!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment