Saturday, June 9, 2012

Weight Gain/Weight Loss


 

How is it my husband can stay at or under 2000 calories and loose 20 pounds in 1 week and I can stay under 1000 calories (under 900 actually, 700 most days) and loose only 1 pound? I’ve had several responses on my face book page.

1) Because if you don’t eat enough calories then your body has the opposite effect.

(Meaning your body goes into shock and when you finally consume something your body hordes it to avoid starvation)

2) Because men are evil.

(Meaning MEN ARE EVIL)

I used to consume very little and was tiny. This was before I had ever gotten married or had kids. Since then I’ve gained a few pounds (like 30 to be exact). So maybe since its been 8 years since I’ve been that small, my body has gotten used to the additional weight and therefore thinks I’m starving myself. Although I have to admit “Men are evil” works better for me. I’ve cut back A LOT on my eating habits.

1) Stopped drinking Pepsi. I only drink the occasional diet root beer that has 0 calories.

2) Cut back on portions and calories. I eat the suggested serving size or less. When I was staying at/under 2000 calories for the first few days, I gained weighed. This was the second time this has happened. I know I need less so I stayed under 1000 calories.

Wed June 6th 550 calories

Thur June 7th 695 calories

Fri June 8th 890 calories

3) No candy

4) I’ve only eaten 1 cookie in 2 weeks

5) No coffee

6) Eat fresh. I’ve only eaten something out of a box or can 3 times.

7) Snack minimally. I have one snack a day.

Once was curios for breakfast. The other two were green beans that I only ate a few bites and some instant mashed potatoes.

7) I eat as much fat free or low fat foods as possible. I only had milk once in my cereal and it was 2% and a quarter of a cup. I’m lactose intolerant and so I stay away from milk as much as possible.

I’ve even kept myself moving. Instead of taking that nap during the day when the kids are down, I keep moving, cleaning, laundry, whatever keeps me going. Even on those days when I’d been up most the night. I have found eating better gives me more energy. I love that I’m not exhausted all the time anymore, but it’s not enough. I want to get back my pre-marriage/pre-baby weight. 105 pounds. If not Id at least like to be at the weight I’m supposed to be at for my height and age, 115 pounds. I’ll be happier.

It’s hard for me to get out and exercise with Liam. He can’t leave the house so I’m pretty much stuck here. With Justin gone riding his bike, playing basketball or the occasional working, that doesn’t leave me time to go out and get moving. Not with Liam being under “house arrest”. The only “available” time would be the middle of the day when the suns beating down, the hottest part of the day.

Even if I could afford a gym membership, I couldn’t afford the gas or the wear and tear in our truck. This is what I call “the rock and the hard place”. Which I seam to encounter A LOT. Not that I’m complaining, well maybe just a little. We could make a compromise, you know if he was capable of such things. This is where the “Men are evil” come into play. It’s like their plan is to keep us home and fatten us up so that if we ever decided to leave, we wouldn’t be able to find happiness with someone else. Not that every man does that or that that’s even the case here but it sounds good.

I know that depression affects weight. When your depressed you want to eat more. And even if you don’t eat more it still effects your weight. How? I’m not exactly sure. I just know that it does. I’m not exactly depressed, not anymore. Most days I’m not anyway. Being that depression is a chemical imbalance and I’m not completely cured, I’m sure my weight is still being effected.

The hardest thing about cutting back and eating healthy is not only ignoring those cravings but getting the four year old to eat healthy without fighting. She eats her apples and bananas sure but she still wants ice cream, fruit snacks and slurpies. We’ve never really told her she couldn’t have something. There were limits, no second helping on fruit snacks or other junk foods. Today she asked for a slurpie and we had to tell her no.

She didn’t completely understand why and she came and tattle taled on her daddy for telling her no. We did the best by explaining that slurpies weren’t good for her and she needs to eat healthy. If we continued to let her have junk all the time, she will grow up with those same unhealthy eating habits.

****************************************************

In searching the internet I found out WebMD has a system that tracks food and fitness. I signed up to check it out and gotta say that I love this thing! You wouldn’t believe how many calories you burn doing dishes, laundry, grocery shopping, playing with the kids and more. Its crazy. You input your info then it tells you what your weight should be and your caloric intake. I suggest using this thing. Its made it really easy to just go to the logs, look at how much more I can eat or how much more calories I need to burn for the week.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/food-fitness-planner/

No comments:

Post a Comment