Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Happy Days

Lanie and I were looking through a magazine of party themes and supplies this morning. We were trying to decide what we should get for Liam's birthday. That's when we heard laughing. I looked down to see the biggest grin plastered on Liam's face.
In all of Liam's 11 1/2 months I have never seen him so excited. It's full on gums and eye brows raised. I think we laughed for atleast 20 minutes. I never knew talking about plates and colors could be so funny but Liam showed us how truely hillarious it all is. Amazing that he can be so happy all the time after everything he's gone through and everything he's still going through. I think God blessed Liam with purpetual happiness.

Being as today is a good day for Liam, I decided to try to feed him again. We started with sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes seem to be the one food we can get the most of down him. He was ok with little taste of it, just not full on bites. After some sweet potatoes, we tried spinach and potatoes. He was ok with it until he got a tiny chunck of potatoe, then he gagged. But I wasnt letting than stop me. Next I tried chocolate pie filling. I didn't have chocolate pudding in the house and the pie filling was pretty fattening so it was ok. He actually liked it.
I won't say he loved it because to me he'd have to enthusiastically eat a bunch before Id consider it love. He had about 6 taste of the chocolate before he started getting tired. Next thing I know.....
He's asleep in his high chair. Poor little lamb was so worn out just from something as simple as eating. Liam getting worn out so easily from eating is caused by his lung issues which are a result of his CDH. He's already using most of his energy just to breathe. He cant breathe when he swollows so after he swollows he tries to make up for that lost breathe and ends up breathing faster. Breathing faster takes whats left of his very limited reserves. Which is probably another reason why he doesn't like to eat. The more food we can get in him, the faster he will grow and outgrow this issue. Atleast thats what everyone, including the doctors, are praying for.

Stay tuned for Liam's adventure with pudding! Chocolate and Vanilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment