Saturday, February 15, 2014

Ninja Mommy

I am a firm believer every mom needs some sort of ninja training.

Why?
Who wants to wake up the sleeping baby? The only real peace and quiet we get when our kids are young are either when they are asleep or when they are not home. 

We also need ninja stealth to sneak away from the kids to use the bathroom without one attached to our leg. 

All joking aside, we do need to know how to sneak around the house at times. If I don't sneak to the bathroom, I have a 2 1/2 year old monkey boy following me and staring at me as I use the toilet. He even brings toys and makes himself comfortable. I swear if he had one of those kid couches he would drag it in there!! It a little disturbing. He even flushes he toilet for me. It may come in handy when he's ready to potty train, and it may not. Liam does this because he ha an attachment disorder. From the minute he wakes up to the minute he alls asleep this boy wants me in his sights every minute. If he does 5 minutes without seeing me, he runs through the house yelling "mom...mom...mooooom!!!". 

I do have I share that one day he followed me in there about a week, week and a half ago and had his trains. He looked up at me out of the blue and says "mom". I said "what baby?". His brown eyes get bigger and he says "love you mom". At that point in time I stopped doing my hair and makeup and sat there and just held him in a right hug. 2 1/2 years and my baby boy finally told me he loves me. My heart melted. 

So how is Liam doing? 
Well since December he has gained 1 1/2 pounds. He's become extremely active and hyper. He can run pretty fast. In fact yesterday when we were outside playing he started running so fast that he fell and bounced off the ground back up into a standing position and resumed running. I laughed so hard.  He thought he was amazing. He's also talking up a storm, repeating just about everything and saying sentences. He went to help his daddy work on the car yesterday and just ran circles around the car lol. 

And Lanie?
She turned 6 last weekend. 6!!! Where did those 6 years go? They flew by so fast. She's doing great in school. Her teacher keeps telling me what a joy she is to have in class. She's reading!! That amazes me. She brings home a new book every day and reads it to Liam and I. Lanie is very creative. She's made enough pictures in one week to cover her entire room once over. 

Being a stay at home mom again took about a week to adjust to and about a month before I stopped trying to escape the house. Still living cramped in this small house can be a toll with a growing family. As the kids get older they require more room and acquire more stuff. I swear one day the house will burst open lol ;) Our boxer "puppy" took over the laundry room as his bedroom. I've received my eviction notice and need to move all my craft stuff out and back into the cramped closet. I don't mind so much. He's a good dog. The kids love him and he's helped Liam with his texture issues. 

Well off for now. Liam is demanding my attention 

No comments:

Post a Comment