Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 5 UCSF Trip 2

It's not starting out to be a good morning. I walk in at 7:14 this morning to find out Liam threw up yellow-green stuff. At 7:30 whle I was holding him he threw up yellow-green again. It's not a good sign when CDH babies do this. It could mean re-herniation or a bowl obstruction. It's one of the things they told us to watch for and take him immediately to the ER for x-rays when we got discharged the first time. On top of this, I had another really crappy night. I couldn't hardly sleep and when I did it was bad dreams that something bad was happening to Liam. Ofcourse we sometimes think the worst in situations like this. It's just what stress does to you. Now I'm sitting here waiting for the doctors and surgeons to come talk to me and let me know what todays plan is. I am already ready for today to be over. I wish I could just curl up with my son and cuddle. I hate seeing him go through this. What's truely amazing is that through out all of this and even a few minutes after he threw up, he's smiling and playing. It's just an absolute miracle. Liam is such a strong little guy. I'm not sure if I could smile and laugh if all this was happening to me.

1 comment:

  1. Hello I'm the one that started "Raising Healthy CDH Children". Liam and you all will be in my prayers. This road is a tough one. Hugs...

    http://avaslifewithcdh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete